Out with the old, and in with the new

So I ran a few dozen more rounds, and the models pretty much stopped learning. The best of them would win around 80% of their games against the expert system (SRP). Here's how each model performed against the SRP (5,000 as black, 5,000 as red, for a total of 10,000 games each): The results are … Continue reading Out with the old, and in with the new

Progress Stalled

So, I ran into a bit of a problem. Basically, the neural networks stopped making any progress whatsoever. After several rounds of that, I even tried increasing the size of the data set (from 100,000 games played to 500,000) and increasing the number of training epochs (up to 100 epochs per round). Nothing. So, I … Continue reading Progress Stalled